Wednesday 1 April 2009

Free Comics: The Sandman - Brief Lives

Here we go, folks - time to get yourselves some absolutely free comics straight from my shelves to you.

If this pans out, I may do this on a semi regular basis but this is a first go so we'll see what happens.  Here's how it works:

I'm offering you issues 41 to 49 of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, the Brief Lives storyline where Dream and Delirium head off to find their long lost brother.
What do you have to do to get your hands on them? Simply leave a comment on this blog post AND send me an e-mail.

That's it; there's no catch (well, see below) and you don't have to come up with some witty remark or break a code or anything like that. Leave a comment simply stating something simple - your name/nickname/favourite colour/pet's name/favourite book or whatever then send me an e-mail at jigsawmen [at] googlemail [dot] com with the same info you put in your comment and you're in the running.

Each of the comments have a number. As long as the minimum number (see below) of comments are left, I'll use a random number generator to select one of the posts - the winner gets the comics, simple as that. All you have to pay for is postage from the UK.

Okay, I hinted there might be a catch. For each batch of (hopefully) desirable comics I offer, I'm going to include a mystery booby prize: another batch of comics that, perhaps, you won't want; the price of posting these won't be included in the postage for the main prize so you won't end up paying for something you don't want! I promise they'll be nothing risque or the sort of thing you wouldn't show your grandmother, but they won't be of the highest caliber either!

Free Comics Rules:
  1. One Comment Per Person - if the same person posts more than one comment, they're instantly disqualified. I don't have sophisticated software to track I.P. addresses so you could feasibly create half a dozen accounts and post under each one but come on, let's just play fair and have a bit of fun, eh?
  2. You MUST e-Mail Me - Post a comment AND send me an e-mail with the subject line of "Free Comics" and the body of the mail MUST be the same as your comment. I can't identify I.P. addresses which is why I need your e-mail; if I announced comment number 1 from Joe Bloggs had won, there would be nothing to stop a dozen people getting in touch claiming to be Joe Bloggs. I promise that no e-mail addresses will be given to anyone else and will solely be used to contact the winner; like I said, this is just a bit of fun.
  3. Minimum Number of Comments - if, at the end of the competition, there are less than 10 comments, the competition will be declared null and void and I will hold on to the comics. As long as there are 10 or more, you're in with a chance of winning.
  4. Payment is by PayPal Only - I'll send you details of postage costs once the competition is over; I'm based in the UK so will be using the prices you can find in this link.
  5. Duration of the Competition - this is posted on 1st April 2009; comments posted up to midnight GMT on the 14th April 2009 will be included in the draw; anything posted after that will not be included.
  6. Winner Announced - the winner will be announced on this blog on Sunday 19th April and I will e-mail them asking for a postage address; they will have 48 hours to reply with the address. If I receive nothing within that time, I will draw a second comment number and contact them.
I apologise for the slightly complex nature of the posting/mailing side of things but I need to be able to identify commenters with e-mails.

In summary - leave a comment on this post then mail me so I can link comments with e-mail and remember: no multiple comments; Mr. Terrific is watching you:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails