Sunday 4 July 2010

Who'd Like A Cocktail? #88

Pope Jacko ruins Watership Down for everyone
  • CHRONICLES OF WORMWOOD: THE LAST BATTLE #4 - as liberal and pro-choice as I am, even I have to admit that finding out the father of your unborn son is the Antichrist is a very, very good reason to have an abortion. And poor old Jimmy . . .
  • GREEN LANTERN #55 - Lobo and Atrocitus pull a fast one on Hal Jordan and we get the origin of Red Lantern Dex-Starr! I'm so glad I'm a cat-person!
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #46 - once again this title seems to be heading all over the place a bit and can someone tell me when Molly Scott became relatively young again?
  • JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #40 - a little too quickly wrapped up, probably to make way for the crossover between this and Justice League but still enjoyable for all that, plus it had the funniest thing I've read in ages (see below)
  • PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: CHAPTER TWO #10 - things build up to a good head of steam as the Superpowers and their enemies all combine to take Zeus down with . . . a big metal coffin!
  • TAROT: WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE Vol 8 - you know, as cheesy as Tarot often is, it's not that bad when it has a story arc to follow. This volume, though, contains mostly stand alone stories which, honestly, don't really stand up that well.
  • TEEN TITANS #84 - you know, I pretty much skimmed this issue - dreadful story, awful dialogue, terrible pacing: all the hallmarks of a Henderson story. I will be so glad when J.T. Krul takes over, mainly because he can't be this bad.
    • Co-feature COVEN OF THREE - the three magicians get what they wanted most in all the world and, for some of them, realise it's not all it's cracked up to be.
And what made me laugh out loud:

That entire page just made me laugh so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails