Monday 15 November 2010

I'll Take The Money


Edited Oct 2012 - I've amended this post as I'm sick of people searching for this bloody picture and ending up here which skews my popular posts results no end. If it keeps happening, I'm deleting this thing.

Headline at the BBC News site: Roy L i c h t e n s t e i n painting fetches $42.6m at auction.

Really?


$42.6 MILLION?! For that picture? When the original art of Page 1 of Watchmen is (currently) only $6,500?

I seriously do not understand the art world.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't get me started on Roy Lichtenstein! Let's all go and read Sequential Tart instead and enjoy the source material.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails