Friday 31 December 2010

Cocktail Of The Year 2010

You ever do something as a bit of a laugh and then feel vaguely embarrassed when you realise that you should really do it again? That's me right now as I post the ridiculously self-indulgent Cocktail of the Year post just like I did last year. But hey, Jimmy Palmiotti popped over to say thanks so it shows you can never tell who's going to read these things.

Each week I get my comics, I run through them and post what I did or didn't like about them along with a panel that, quite simply, made me smile that week and it's those panels that earn their respective titles the Cocktail of the week. I've gone through the 2010 Cocktail posts and (by a hideously complicated process that I'm not going to bore you with) worked out who gets the awards.


Both Matthew Sturges and the team of Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis came close with their work on JSA All-Stars and Booster Gold respectively but, and this will come as no surprise to long time readers, it was Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray for their last issues on Power Girl that really made me smile month after month. That they (and Amanda Conner) left after 12 issues is a shame but at leaster they're back on Freedom Fighters each month.


DCU Legacies made a surprise appearance quite high up the list, along with Power Girl of course, but the series that just kept on giving for me was Booster Gold, particularly after Keith Giffen and J.M DeMatteis took the reins. I may be a sucker for their brand of humour but it works so I'm not complaining.


So there you go, a little sum-up of my favourites over the last year.

Enjoy your New Year celebrations whatever you do and I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gary, very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jimmy - thanks for dropping by again! This is becoming a habit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails