Sunday 23 January 2011

Who'd Like A Cocktail? #113

The Weaponer's impressed!

  • THE BOYS #50 - and that wraps up the look at The Boys' first encounter with the Seven and how Mallory left the gang and leaves Butcher realising he's done to Wee Hughie exactly what Mallory did to him. Excellent issue as always though - as it's #50 - it would have been nice to have something a little better than two old interviews with Ennis as back-ups. I mean one of them's just shy of four years old!
  • BRIGHTEST DAY #18 - Nooooooooo! No, come on, you can't do that to the Hawks, not after everything they've been through! Man, I half expected it to happen as I read it but then everything seemed to work out . . . and then those last couple of pages! If I didn't trust Geoff Johns not to pull a cheap stunt like this, I'd be very angry right now!
  • THE DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER: THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA #2 - better than the previous issue, to be sure, but once again it feels a bit plodding. I may not bother with any more of the Dark Tower after this finishes.
  • GREEN LANTERN CORPS #56 - a cracking issue as Sinestro finally faces the Weaponer and shows, despite how much of a bad guy he is, that he's actually quite tough.
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #53 - awww, ain't that nice, everything worked out in the end. Anyone believe Batman had surrendered? Anyone? Really? Perhaps because of that complete impossibility, there was no tension in this issue for me. It certainly wasn't bad, just no big surprise.
  • POWER GIRL #20 - is it about time to stop being surprised that I'm still enjoying this title, even with Winick writing? This is a good, fun issue where Power Girl gets herself a dog, at least temporarily (and I have to admit to wondering how her cat's going to like that) and beats up some bad guys before heading off into a crossover with Justice League: Generation Lost. If he can just keep this going, Winick may well have won me over.
And what made me smile:

See? She found a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails