Tuesday 15 February 2011

The Comic Fanboy Questionnaire

Spacebooger is reknowned for his love of violence, hence his hosting the Friday Night Fights for lo these many years now, but he recently posted something that got me to thinking:

The Comic Fanboy Questionnaire

I'm not normally one for round-robin type affairs but as I read through Spacebooger's own answers, I wondered what my own would be. So, with very little thought and all this off the top of my head, here are my answers:


What is your favorite comic series of all-time?

Oh crap, that's a tough one. Watchmen, maybe? Crisis on Infinite Earths? For series that I keep coming back to and re-reading time and again, it's probably those two.

What is your favorite currently running comic?

Again, a tough one. This time last year my answer would have been Power Girl without a doubt but these days . . . The Boys probably tops the list, though Knight & Squire has been a blast from start to finish. Secret Six is worth a mention, too, as that's so much fun.

Who is your favorite comic publisher?

DC, definitely. Comics weren't that big with my friends when I was a kid - here in Britain you read 2000AD and that was about it. When I did come across a newsagent that sold American comics, it was the DC titles - Green Lantern, Justice League of America - that caught my eye and I've stuck with them ever since.

What was your favorite comic storyline/Crossover Event?

Crisis on Infinite Earths without a doubt. I didn't read it at the time (that was during my discovery of beer and girls so comics weren't high on my priorities) but came to it a few years later after I'd re-discovered the DC Universe. Sure it has its flaws but it still tops my list.

Who is your favorite hero/protagonist?

Another tough question - to a certain extent it depends on who is writing the character. Dear old Green Lantern Hal Jordan's always been a fave, though, along with Green Arrow, Power Girl and Booster Gold. I figure guys like Superman and Batman already have enough fans so I'm happy to go with the second stringers.

Who is your favorite villain?

Again, same applies as to the writing. The Joker's a contender, though.

Who is your favorite comic writer?

A bunch of names spring instantly to mind: Alan Moore, Garth Ennis, Geoff Johns, Keith Giffen, Jimmy Palmiotti . . . I probably own more comics written by Ennis than any other writer but I guess Moore would top out that list.

Who is your favorite comic artist?

Probably Amanda Conner - some complain that her style's a little cartoony but for me it works a treat. Other worthy mentions would be Steve Dillon, Brian Bolland and the awesome Carlos Ezquerra, all 2000AD greats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails