Wednesday 1 February 2012

Writers Reshuffling

Over at the DC's Source blog, news is released about Jeff Lemire taking over the reins of Justice League Dark from outgoing writer Peter Milligan.

...Dark was the only League book I didn't pick up following the New 52 relaunch as I've never been a fan of Milligan's writing. Lemire, on the other hand, I do enjoy, and I'm tempted to start picking up ...Dark now that I'm more confident I'll like it.

Lemire says:
"So, what else can you expect from the “New” Justice League Dark? Well, you’ll see an old haunt becoming the team’s new HQ. Constantine, the master manipulator that he is, will emerge as the clear leader of the team, and there will be 2 new members as well! (Hint one’s a man and one’s a woman. One uses magic, one doesn’t.) Not enough….hmmm…how about a classic Justice League villain re-imagined as The Justice League Dark’s new arc-enemy?"
all of which sounds intriguing enough for me so I may well pick up a few issues.

Just to make matters worse (for me) there's news that Lemire is leaving Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. which has grown into one of my favourite books. He'll be replaced by Matt Kindt from #10.

But what's happening to Milligan? He's becoming the new writer on Stormwatch a title that I took a chance on due to Paul Cornell being the writer. I'm willing to give Milligan a go on a title I'm already getting but if it doesn't work for me, Stormwatch might join The Savage Hawkman in being another title ditched in a few months' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails