Monday 3 September 2012

Who Was Who Is Who #36

So for want of anything better to write about on a Monday, I'm going to go through all my copies of Who's Who and see if I can predict who will make it over to the new DCU by the end of 2012, who might make it and who hasn't got a Pulsar Stargrave's chance.

THE PREDATOR - in the recent Green Lantern books, the Predator was revealed to be the entity behind the Star Sapphire's power rather than Carol Ferris's dark side. So while the black and silver garbed villain is no more, the Predator is still around but hasn't appeared post-Flashpoint. I'll put it in the possible column, though, as most of the GL continuity is unchanged.

PRIMUS - one of the Omega Men so I don't think we'll be seeing them any time soon.


PRINCE RA-MAN - killed during the original Crisis, I think Ra-Man's made a handful of cameos here and there since but really can't see him coming back to the new DCU.

PRIVATEER - once a villain, then a hero, then a manhunter, then a . . . oh, I don't know, I lost track. Cool pirate costume aside Mark Shaw never really fitted in anywhere and so became hard to place. For that reason, I don't think we'll see him before the end of 2012.

PROFESSOR AMOS FORTUNE - the good Professor hasn't been seen in the DCU for a couple of years and while I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up in the pages of Justice League at some point, I don't think it'll be before the end of the year.

PROFESSOR HUGO STRANGE - here's one that's caught me by surprise. I was all ready to suggest that we wouldn't need to worry about Strange appearing any time soon when, with just a quick check on the internet to be sure, I find that he's already shown up in Detective Comics. Guess that puts him in place, then.

PROFESSOR IVO - pre-disfiguring immortality serum, Ivo's appeared in the pages of Justice League. Another old villain ready to be revamped and brought out into the world at some point, I guess.

PROFESSOR MILO - come on, DC! Science has done lots of good things for the world. Why are all your Professors bad guys? Back to Milo, though, and I think it safe to say we won't be seeing him soon.

PROTY - so, yeah . . . Proty . . . the shape-changing blob that was Chameleon Boy's pet . . . right . . . so, moving on . . . Heck, even Dave Sopko, the official COEP Legion go to guy, says "Do not think we'll be seeing him again any time soon."

PSI - who needs body armour when a couple of gold bands and boots will protect you? Blimey, DC really have come up with some terrible costumes over the years, haven't they? Can't see this old Supergirl villain returning and that's probably a good thing.

PSIMON - if your brain was the source of your power, you'd probably protect it with something a little more effective than a fish-bowl, wouldn't you? Killed during the Crisis, he returned some time later and ended up being killed by the Joker. Will he come back? Possibly, but I don't think it'll be before year's end.

PSIONS - don't think we've seen this alien race for a while but either way I'm just focusing on characters so we can skip this one.

PSYCHO-PIRATE - despite various people remembering the original multiverse for a while after Crisis on Infinite Earths, it eventually became a given that the Psycho-Pirate was the only one who recalled it. During Infinite Crisis, the Pirate was back in action and ended up being killed in a particularly gruesome manner by Black Adam. While his corpse reanimated in Blackest Night, I doubt we'll see him soon.

PULSAR STARGRAVE - hahahahahaha! No.

PUNCH & JEWELEE - a couple of versions of these villainous lovers have appeared over the years but I doubt DC will be in any rush to bring them back.

THE PURSUER - I think Devilance's last major appearance was during 52. While it's possible that he may get an appearance what with the New Gods definitely being around, I don't think we'll see him before the end of 2012.



So in summary two in place (Professors Hugo Strange and Ivo) no definite predictions and one possible (Predator)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails