Thursday 18 October 2012

Swan Songs


Amongst DC's solicitations were a handful of series that had reached their final issue and thus cancellation. Aside from Grifter and Legion Lost, Blue Beetle is to bite the dust with #16 - a shame as, on the whole, it's been okay to my mind. A little hit and miss, sometimes funny (Jaime throwing up on La Dama's shoes) sometimes horrible (Jaime slapping Brenda) there was enough in there for me to keep coming back.

The good news is that Jaime will be continuing in Keith Giffen's Threshold series which I will definitely be picking up.


The other title to kick the bucket is Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. and I have to wonder - though not wishing to sound uncharitable - how much of that decision follows from Jeff Lemire leaving after #9? Matt Kindt's writing has been fun from a story point of view but, as I've said in several Cocktail posts, the pacing's completely shot to hell. Another shame as I really liked this series when it started.

Wonder what we'll get in place of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails