Tuesday 6 November 2012

Perusing Previews - November 2012


I swear, if I had any room on my bookshelves, I would so buy these.



Oh, DC - you relaunch your universe and give your characters new costumes but the merchandising still screams 1980.

Not to mention the fact that you seem to be offering a Bizarro Superman apron . . .


This is the sort of thing that gets advertised on TV over here in "fascist Britain" where you're offered the chance to buy a collection or model piece by piece. Let's see - 16 pieces per player, 32 pieces in total, $16 per piece equals a complete chess set for a mere $512. I'll stick to backgammon, myself.


I guess we shouldn't have been surprised at George Lucas selling Star Wars to Disney - after all, he'll license the hell out of it to anyone, as this entire page of Star Wars/Angry Birds merchandise shows.

If I'm honest, though, the Han Solo in carbonite bird did make me smile:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails