Monday 26 November 2012

Who Was Who Is Who #48

So for want of anything better to write about on a Monday, I'm going to go through all my copies of Who's Who and see if I can predict who will make it over to the new DCU by the end of 2012, who might make it and who hasn't got an Ultra Man's chance.

TSUNAMI - an enemy of the All Star Squadron, it's unlikely that we'll see her in the new DCU at any point soon, if only because of her ties to World War II.

TURTLE MAN - as the Turtle, a version of this villain plagued Wally West. As that version of the Flash is no longer around, it seems unlikely that the Turtle will make a comeback any time soon.

TWEEDLEDEE & TWEEDLEDUM - among the bizarrest of Batman villains, I can't think why anyone would want to return them to active duty.

TWO-FACE - this guy, on the other hand, is hardly ever out of Batman's life and has been appearing in the pages of Batman: The Dark Knight so goes in the in place column.

2000 COMMITTEE - it's a committee, not a character so I'm not counting it.

TYPHOON - principally a Firestorm villain, I don't think this guy will fit in with the new direction so don't think he'll be showing up.

TYR - not the Norse god, but a villain from the Legion's time. Don't have enough knowledge to make a decision on this one. Dave Sopko, the official COEP Legion go to guy, says "Doubt we'll see this guy again any time soon." which is good enough for me.

TYROC - and if ever there was any doubt that DC created ridiculous costumes for their male characters as well as their female, we have Tyroc. Thankfully his costume's been redesigned for his appearances in Legion Lost.

ULTRAA - originally from Earth-Prime and then, post-Crisis, from Almerac, Ultraa hasn't been around for a while. Indeed, I've a feeling he may have died. Or am I confusing him with Maxima because of the Almerac connection? Either way, I don't think we'll be seeing him.

ULTRA BOY - one of the main members of the Legion, he appears in the pages of Legion of Super Heroes.

ULTRA-HUMANITE - originally a big JSA villain whose main power was swapping his brain from one body to another, I'd be surprised if we get him back before the end of the year though I'd happy to be proved wrong. far as I'm concerned, we don't have enough giant white apes with the minds of mad scientists in them running around.

GARY CONCORD, THE ULTRA MAN - hahahahahaha . . . oh excuse me . . . haha ha . . . sorry, sorry.

ULTRA, THE MULTI-ALIEN - not much chance of the Multi-Alien showing up, I don't think. He tended to appear in Elseworlds or non-continuity stuff as a favour to fans but I don't see him in the New 52.

UNCLE SAM - at the end of The Ray's mini-series, he was offered a business card that said "I Want You" with a font that just screamed Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters. I hope that was an indication that there's the possibility of a new series but if it is, I figure it would be next year. Still, I'm putting Sam in the possible column just in case.

UNIMAGINABLE - I swear this character was here simply to fill up the pages.

UNIVERSO - a renegade Green Lantern in the 30th Century, I don't really have the knowledge to guess whether he'll be back. Thankfully, Dave helps out with "Last seen in the Legion of 3 Worlds mini. There are some untouched plot lines with him, but it will probably be next year sometime before we see them touched on...if even then."



So in summary three in place (Two-Face, Tyroc and Ultra Boy) no definite predictions and one possible (Uncle Sam)

2 comments:

  1. Yup, Uncle Sam has now shown up, in the Phantom Lady mini series. Of the rest, I'd not be that surprised to see Tyr show up in the LSH before long, ditto Typhoon in the new, old-style Firestorm .... but not before year's end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically it looks like Uncle Sam appeared at the end of The Ray as the guy who handed him the business card but yeah, he was identified as such in Phantom Lady. Still hoping for a Freedom Fighters series next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails