Thursday 3 January 2013

Here Is The News

Or at least a bit of news with some rumours. I don't often do a round-up but as I found a bunch of things that caught my eye this morning, I figured it was as good a way as any to really start the New Year.

J.M. DeMatteis on the Phantom Stranger - thankfully this interview does confirm what I hoped for back before Christmas in that DeMatteis is doing the dialogue. He says "Dan does the plots, Brent draws from that and then I script from Brent's astonishing art." Honestly, Brent Anderson's art isn't doing much for me at the moment but with DeMatteis on the book I'll be sticking round for a bit longer.

Justice League film characters rumoured - the list is here but it doesn't really hold any surprises. There's mention that "Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone" but no word whether Reynolds will be returning to the role which I think is doubtful.

Poster for new Sin City: A Dame to Kill For film revealed - possible poster featuring one of the girls of Old Town is up here. With any luck, the new film will remind us enough of the original Sin City film that we can forget about The Spirit film.

Finally some news about Lady Mechanika - it's been absolutely ages since issues #3 was out and I'd just about given up on this series, even more so when I read the headline that creator Joe Benitez has parted from publisher Aspen Comics. However, the article says the split's amicable and Benitez himself says "My plans for Lady Mechanika include finishing "The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse" this upcoming year and also launching a monthly Lady Mechanika ongoing series."

A monthly? I guess that means a new writer/artist on it then because as much as I love Benitez's work, there seems no way he can run to a monthly schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails