Tuesday 1 January 2013

Who Was Who Is Who Summary

Back last year, not long after the New 52 launched, I had the ridiculous idea to go through my old copies of Who's Who and attempt to predict who would appear in the new DCU in DC comics published in 2012.

I've compiled the full summary here (it may take a moment or two to load) which lists all the characters I made a prediction on along with whether or not I was right. The numbers, though, tally up as follows:

Prediction
Right
Wrong
Right
Wrong
Definitely
19
12
61%
39%
31
Possibly
34
63
35%
65%
97
Probably Not
79
12
87%
13%
91
Definitely Not
361
22
94%
6%
383
Totals
493
109
82%
18%
602

In the Definitely's - those I was convinced would appear - I was almost two thirds correct, a great result tempered only by the complete reversal of the Possibles where I had almost two thirds wrong. Those I was sure weren't going to appear, I did a lot better with; hardly surprising as most of the characters featured in the books were decades old second or third stringers who were passed their sell by date even in the early 80's when the books were first published.

Still, it was kinda fun and a big thank you to everyone who commented to let me know whether characters had appeared in titles I wasn't reading, but especially to Dave Sopko who kindly went through all the Legion characters for me and offered up predictions, and Martin Gray who left a note on most entries.

Tune in next Monday for another round of regular posts!

4 comments:

  1. I had fun with the little bit I helped out. Any time.

    Thanks to you for allowing me to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Little bit"? Dave, you're doing yourself a disservice there!

      Delete
  2. I loved this feature, thanks for all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Martin, and again thanks for taking the time to comment on so many of them.

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails