Saturday 18 May 2013

James Robinson Leaving Earth-2


I don't often break from my regular publishing schedule but this piece of news really did make me sit up and take notice. From the article:
"So as of today I am leaving Earth 2 with Issue #16. It's been a blast," Robinson tweeted. In a follow-up, he wrote, "Yes, this also means I'm no longer working at DC Comics. Best wishes and regards to Dan, Geoff and everyone."
This is really odd as Earth 2 is a good seller and Robinson was talking about his plans for the series only a couple of months ago, planning stories well into 2014.

I won't speculate on the reasons behind the somewhat abrupt departure, but I will be sad to see him go.

2 comments:

  1. Doubtless the interpretation of this move will be linked to the series of creative differences from editorial that has been flooding the New 52 creative ranks. Either way Robinson can be proud of his work in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Tony - I've already seen message boards comparing his departure with Liefeld and other, jumping to conclusions about editorial interference.

      I do wonder if it's connected with the upcoming Superman/Batman series that sends the title characters to Earth 2, but that's just speculation.

      The series won't be the same without him, I think.

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails