Monday 13 January 2014

Many New Image Series

Been out of the news loop for a week or so (real life - don't ask) but just been doing some catching up, mostly with the announcements from the recent Image Expo, several of which caught my eye:

Scott Snyder announced a new series with artist Jock entitled Wytches
I enjoyed his run on Swamp Thing and like Jock's art so will probably give that a go.
Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips have signed a five-year deal with Image. That deal will see Fatale end with #24, and lead to their next series, The Fade Out, a story based on Hollywood in the 1940s.
Fatale's ending at #24? Just five more issues to go? That's a shame as it's consistently one of my favourite titles.
Joshua Williamson’s Nailbiter, drawn by Mike Henderson, comes in May, and features a small town in Oregon where sixteen of the worst serial killers were born, with an investigation why.
All I've read by Williamson was the short lived Voodoo series which, despite some negative feedback, I thought showed promise. Again, I might look at this.
Kelly Sue DeConnick has a series based on the girl gangs and women in prison movies of the 1960s and 1970s coming called Bitch Planet. It’s not due to debut until Fall 2014.
Well I'm liking her run on Ghost and Pretty Deadly's shaping up nicely so this will almost certainly be on my list.
Bill Willingham and Barry Kitson announced a Fall 2014 debuting series called Restoration. The book sees a world like ours where magic, gods, and the like are suddenly restored on “one very bad day.” The gods decide to unite as one massive pantheon to take over the world and be worshipped once more.
Willingham, Kitson and gods? What's not to like?

Looks like I'm not going to have a problem sticking to my New Year's resolution, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails